Send the items listed below to fax number: 757-466-0384 or mail to the following address:

Attention: Loss Mitigation Department
3637 Sentara Way
Virginia Beach, VA 23452

1. Borrower Assistance Form completed and signed by all borrowers (no notary required)

2. Signed and dated copy of the IRS Form 4506-T (Request for Transcript of Tax Return) for each borrower (borrowers who filed their tax returns jointly may send in one IRS Form 4506-T signed and dated by both of the joint filers)

3. Provide required Hardship Letter and Documentation as listed on page 3 of the Borrower Assistance Form
Expense Statement

4. Documentation to verify all of the income of each borrower (including any alimony or child support that you choose to rely upon to qualify).This documentation should include:

Type of Income

Documentation Required

Additional Information

Employment Income

For each borrower who is a salaried employee or hourly wage earner, the servicer must include the most recent pay stub that reflects at least 30 days of year-to-date earnings for each borrower.


Self-employment Income

For each borrower who receives self-employed income, the servicer must obtain a complete, signed individual federal income tax return and, as applicable, the business return; and

  • the most recent signed and dated quarterly or year-to-date profit/loss statement that reflects activity for the most recent three months; or
  • copies of bank statements for the business account for the last two months evidencing continuation of business activity.


Other Earned Income (Bonuses, Commissions, Housing Allowances, Tips, or Overtime)

Reliable third-party documentation describing the amount and nature of the income (for example, employment contract or printouts documenting tip income).


Social Security, Disability or Death Benefits, Pension, Public Assistance, or Adoption Assistance

  • Documentation showing the amount and frequency of the benefits, such as letters, exhibits, disability policy or benefits statement from the provider; and
  • Documentation showing the receipt of payment such as copies of the two most recent bank statements showing the deposit amounts


Rental Income

  • Copy of the most recent filed federal tax return with all schedules, including Schedule E - Supplemental Income and Loss.
  • Rental income for qualifying purposes will be 75% of the gross rent reduced by the monthly debt service on the property, if applicable;
  • If rental income is not reported on Schedule E – Supplemental Income and Loss, a copy of the current lease agreement with either bank statements or cancelled rent checks demonstrating receipt of rent.

Investment Income

  • Copies of the two most recent investment statements or bank statements supporting receipt of this income.

Alimony, Separate Maintenance, and Child Support Income

  • Copies of the divorce decree, separation agreement or other legal agreement filed with a court, or a court decree that states the amount of alimony, child support, or separation maintenance payments and the period of time over which it will be received; and
  • Copies of the borrower’s two most recent bank statements or other third-party documents showing receipt of payment.

Alimony, child support, or separation maintenance income need not be revealed if the borrower does not choose to have it considered for repaying the loan.

Unemployment Benefits

The servicer may not consider unemployment insurance benefits and any other temporary sources of income related to unemployment, such as severance payments as part of the monthly gross income for mortgage loans being evaluated for modification


Non-borrower Income

The servicer may include non-borrower household member income in monthly gross income if:

  • It is voluntarily provided by the borrower;
  • The non-borrower is a relative, spouse, domestic partner, or fiance/fiancee;
  • The servicer verifies that the non-borrower occupies the subject property as a primary residence based on a review of the credit report; and
  • There is documentary evidence that the income has been, and can reasonably continue to be, relied upon to support the mortgage payment.

The income of a non-borrower who contributes to the mortgage loan payment and is included in the monthly gross income must be documented and verified by the servicer using the same standards used for verifying a borrower's income

The servicer should not consider the expenses of a non-borrower household member, but may only consider the percentage of his or her income that the non-borrower routinely contributes to the household.

For Short Sale requests, the additional documentation is required:

5. Two months bank statements

6. Listing agreement

7. Authorization letter for realtor

8. Signed purchase agreement

9. Buyers’ approval letter

10. Estimated HUD1

If you have other types of income, cannot locate required documents, or have questions about the documentation required, please contact us at 1-800-909-9525.